- Sort by Default Order
Oxygen Equipment and Supplies is an essential element for sustaining life. Some people cannot get enough oxygen naturally. They need oxygen supplements to live a healthy life. For them oxygen therapy is a boon. Oxygen therapy, also referred to as supplemental oxygen is using oxygen for treatment of certain medical conditions. People who receive oxygen therapy often experience increase in energy level, better sleep and quality of life. Oxygen therapy is a treatment that provides you with that extra oxygen that you require. The oxygen is transferred directly into your airway with the help of nasal prongs, a mask, or a breathing tube. For people with chronic respiratory disorders portable oxygen tank or a machine might be required. Sometimes specific lung conditions prohibit oxygen absorption.
When to use Oxygen Therapy?
Oxygen Therapy needed if you have:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Heart Failure
- Sleep Apnea
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Underdeveloped lungs in newborns
- Respiratory system trauma
Pulse oximeters are device that clip on to a body part like the finger or earlobe to determine the blood oxygen levels in the body. Low oxygen levels indicate the need for oxygen therapy. At Healthcare DME you will find everything you need for an effective Oxygen Equipment and Supplies. We have Oxygen cylinders of all sizes with carrying carts, oxygen conserving devices for people who are permanently on supplemental oxygen and hospital facilities, Oxygen masks for children and adults, Oxygen cannulas, tubing and connectors, oxygen concentrators for hospital and home use, and other accessories from top manufacturers with quality assurance to keep your loved ones active and breathing.
Benefits of Oxygen Therapy
- Oxygen therapy is beneficial to people with frequent low oxygen levels due to an underlying disease. It provides a more active lifestyle by decreasing shortness of breath.
- Oxygen therapy can save lives in case of emergencies and also increases life expectancy.
- It is beneficial in symptoms like headaches, irritability, confusion, fatigue and swollen ankles. These symptoms may be due to low oxygen levels in the body.
- Oxygen therapy is also helpful to children with congenital chronic lung diseases thereby improving their quality of life.
What are the symptoms of Low Blood Oxygen?
- Coughing or wheezing
- Rapid breaths
- Changes in skin color
- Short breath
- Increased heart rate
You must seek for immediate medical help if you experience these symptoms.
Medical professionals use pulse oximetry to determine whether a person qualifies for an oxygen therapy treatment or not. Some people require to be oxygenated all the time while others need it under emergency circumstances for ex. An asthma attack. Oxygen therapy can be done at home for people with permanent needs, with a portable oxygen delivery system.
Other Useful Links: