Urethral Catheter McKesson Straight Tip Hydrophilic 10 Fr – 16 Inch – 16-MH1610
The Urethral Catheter McKesson Straight Tip Hydrophilic 10 Fr – 16 Inch – 16-MH1610 High-quality designed for quick and easy manufactured from clear polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and polyvinyl-pyrrolidone (PVP). Urethra for those individuals who are unable to promote a natural urine flow or for those individuals who have a significant volume of residual urine following a natural bladder-voiding episode.
Designed to be inserted into the urethra to reach the bladder allowing urine to drain. Pre-lubricated coating and NaCL absorb and bind water to the hydrophilic catheter, resulting in a thick, smooth, and slippery surface for comfort and ease of use without requiring additional lubricant
Features – Urethral Catheter McKesson Straight Tip Hydrophilic 10 Fr – 16 Inch
- Hydrophilic Coating
- High-quality designed for quick and easy
- Manufactured from clear polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and polyvinyl-pyrrolidone (PVP)
- Designed to be inserted into the urethra to reach the bladder allowing urine to drain
- Pre-lubricated coating made of PVP and NaCL absorbs and binds water to the hydrophilic catheter, resulting in a thick, smooth, and slippery surface for comfort and ease of use.
- Included sterile water packet conveniently bursts by folding inside an unopen catheter pack to activate the hydrophilic coating in just 30 seconds with no mess and maintained sterility
- Staggered eyes for maximum urine flow
- Polished eyes minimize urethral trauma and reduce the risk of bringing bacteria into the bladder
- Straight design for patients who have chronic bladder problems and are able to perform the catheterization themselves
- A common solution used to obtain urine samples for hospital or laboratory analysis
- Flexible funnel end with ridged design for grip and ease of handling
- Color-coded funnel and packaging label for easy identification of french size
- The packaging design includes a looping cutout for hanging to maintain sterility
THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS POLYVINYLPYRROLIDONE WHICH MAY CAUSE ALLERGIC REACTIONS.
||Polished Staggered Eyelets
||Hydrophilic Coated PVC
||Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex
The Urethral Catheter McKesson Straight Tip Hydrophilic 10 Fr – 16 Inch – 16-MH1610 is the preferred system for those who experience the sensation of pain, pressure, or discomfort during the process. Pre-lubricated and always optimally hydrated to promote excellent gliding properties that ensure easier, more comfortable insertion. Hydrophilic catheters have been shown to lead to better patient satisfaction with this type of technique by reducing the risk of damage due to decreased friction. Available in the following French sizes: 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 Fr/FR
Every day, you face multiple challenges when it comes to running a business and serving your patients. Our focus is always on your success and meeting your patients’ needs. That’s why our expert team can help to make sure you have the right products, right when you need them.
A Foley is a catheter with two channels and one tube. The first channel drains urine into a collection
bag, while the other channel has a valve on the outside end and connects to a balloon at the inside tip.
The balloon is inflated with sterile water when it lies inside the bladder to prevent the catheter from
slipping out. A Foley is meant to be in place for no longer than three months.
Traditional straight catheters are inserted once and discarded when the bladder has been emptied. McKesson 2-Way 100% Silicone Foley is ideal for patients with latex allergies and longer-term catheterization. Silicone provides chemical and thermal stability, low surface tension
Before use, Urethral Catheter McKesson Straight Tip Hydrophilic 10 Fr – 16 Inch – 16-MH1610 should be stored in a dry area, lying flat and straight. If the packaging is damaged, do not use it.
It is very important to wash your hands before touching or inserting the catheter – you may choose to use a fresh baby wipe if there is no wash hand basin in the toilet.
Once you have washed your hands, do not touch anything else except your catheter.
Most catheters have a sticky back patch that allows you to open it and secure it to a surface nearby, such as a wall or sink, making it easier to access when you are ready to insert it into the urethra.
You have to ensure that your vulva (intimate area between your legs) is clean. A daily shower or bath is recommended using a mild soap but when you go out it is useful to keep a small pack of baby wipes in your handbag or pocket to enable you to ensure the area is clean.
There are several ways you can learn to insert the catheter while sitting on the toilet or in your wheelchair, when standing, or by putting one foot up onto the toilet seat to enable you to locate your urethra more easily. You can experiment and decide which way feels most comfortable.
If you are a woman and find it hard to locate your urethra, try using a mirror to see where your urine comes out. Once you have done this several times you will probably not need a mirror. You can do it over the bath if it’s easier.
You have to ensure that the area around the tip of the penis is clean. It may be that a daily shower or bath is sufficient but when you go out it is useful to keep a small pack of baby wipes in a pocket to enable you to ensure the area is clean. Men may stand or sit to perform
- Take the Urethral Catheter McKesson Straight Tip Hydrophilic 10 Fr – 16 Inch – 16-MH1610 by the drainage end from the packaging and gently push the other end into your urethra. When the catheter has reached the bladder, urine will drain from it. Make sure all the urine has drained from your bladder before removing it.
- To remove the catheter, gently twist it and pull it down. Don’t worry if it doesn’t come out the first time. Try again, continuing to pull gently.
- Designed to be used more than once should be cleaned after each use with soap and water, dried with a clean tissue, and kept in a sealed plastic bag or container.
The Urethral Catheter McKesson Straight Tip Hydrophilic 10 Fr – 16 Inch – 16-MH1610 Available in Stock. Find out more Browse our wide selection of urinary catheters at the lowest prices or get through your medical insurance you may qualify. Find the right catheters for your needs. Available in Stock, Order Now We ship in the United States and all over the world.