Urethral Catheter Cure Twist™ Straight Tip Lubricated PVC 12 Fr. 6 Inch – T12 Michigan | USA
Urethral Catheter Cure Twist Straight Tip Lubricated PVC 12Fr 6 Inches Female Catheter offers exceptional benefits for women on the go. It is a sterile, single use and has a unique, attractive shape and size similar to typical cosmetic products. Not made with DEHP, BPA or natural rubber latex. Cure Twist is preferred by women who value discretion and convenience.
PRESCRIPTION REQUIRED – FSA APPROVED – LATEX FREE
- Available in small and compact size
- Easy to use
- Soft straight tip
- No chemicals
How to use Urethral Catheter Cure Twist Straight Tip Lubricated PVC 12Fr 6 Inches?
catheterization is the periodic emptying of the bladder by the insertion of a hollow plastic tube (catheter) into the urethra, past the sphincter muscle and into the bladder.
Urine then passes out of the bladder through the catheter.
catheterization is used when a person is unable to empty her bladder. Medical conditions that often require catheterization include spinal cord injuries, spina bifida, and multiple sclerosis, to name a few.
Urethral Catheter Cure Twist Straight Tip Lubricated PVC 12Fr Instructions for Women:
Most women who perform self-intermittent catheterization sit on the toilet or nearby in a chair or wheelchair when they pass the catheter into the urethra. Other women may perform it lying down with pillows behind their backs. Do what is most comfortable for you. Initially, you may want to use a mirror to help visualize the urethral opening where the catheter is inserted. The mirror can be placed on a low stool in front of the toilet seat. It may take time for you to locate the proper opening. Eventually, most women learn to catheterize by touch and feel.
Before you begin, gather the following materials:
Urethral Catheter Cure Twist Straight Tip Lubricated PVC 12Fr in sealed wrapper
Something to cleanse the area: soap, water, and a washcloth, or unscented disposable wipes
A container to collect the urine if not cathin g while sitting on a toilet
- Inspect before use. If package is damaged do not use.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water, or if not available, use an antibacterial hand cleaner.
- Lay out the equipment so it is within easy reach. Open the water-soluble and catheter package. The package may open from both ends for ease of use.
- Position yourself comfortably. Arrange clothing so it is out of the way. If sitting on the toilet, spread your legs far apart. If lying down, bend knees and place your heels together in a “frog like” position.
- Using the non dominant hand, separate the labia with the thumb and fore finger to locate the urethra.
- With the labia separated, wash the area from front to back thoroughly with soap, water, and wash cloth or unscented disposable wipe. Never go back and forth over the opening. Repeat washing from front to back with the different areas of the wash cloth or throw away wipe.
- With your dominant hand, insert the catheter gently into the urethral opening. Continue to insert about 2 inches until urine begins to flow.
- If sitting on the toilet the urine can drain into the toilet. If lying down, place the funnel end of the catheter into a container to collect the urine. Hold it in place until urine stops flowing.
- When urine stops flowing, slowly rotate the catheter between your fingers while withdrawing the catheter. If urine starts to flow again, stop withdrawing and let the urine drain. When the bladder is empty, finish and remove.
Cure Twist Women Straight Tip Specifications
Urethral Catheter Cure Twist Straight Tip Lubricated PVC 12Fr Female it may be intimidating but the procedure is actually simple and in no time the patient will get used to it. Catheterization can be done by patient itself.
It is easy to perform in case of children as well. If the patient has some physical limitation then a caregiver or parent can assist in the process.
Urethral Catheter Cure Twist Straight Tip Lubricated PVC 12Fr Female when used for long term, like Indwelling, can lead to certain kind of complications like