This vest features lightweight mini-push buttons made especially for smaller passengers, crotch straps and an extremity belt for securing casted or uncasted legs. In addition, the vest’s shoulder adjusters allow the vest to grow with the child and adjust for seasonal clothing.
Prescribed by medical professionals the E-Z-ON Modified Vest is designed to safely transport children with physical disabilities in a prone or supine position. Conditions such as a spinal injury, body cast, long leg cast or a hip spica require a child to lie down when riding in a vehicle. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends the E-Z-ON Modified Vests in a policy statement on “Transporting Children with Special Health Care Needs” (Vol.104 No.4, 11/99 pp.988-992).
How It Works
For full instructions on using the E-Z-ON Modified M203 Mini-Push Button Vest.
To secure, simply use your vehicle’s rear seat belts. Lap and shoulder belts may use a locking clip to lock the lap-portion of the belt. Place pillows for comfort and protection in case of a crash. Complete, detailed
instructions are included with each E-Z-ON® Modified Vest.
Fasten the buckles on the vest and be sure the vest fits the child snugly. Lay the child on the seat and thread two rear vehicle seat belts (children under 30” use one belt) through the sides of the vest and the leg belt.
Shoulder adjusters allow the vest to grow with the child. The extremity belt secures casted or uncasted legs.
Now a child can nap comfortably in the car, and parents can have peace of mind knowing that their child is safely secured to the vehicle’s seat belts.
- Made for most children from 12 months to 5 years old
- Fits children weighing 20-65 lbs with waist/chest circumference of 19-23 inches
- Transport supine or prone
- Complete details and instruction are included
- Smaller children under 30″ do not require two vehicle belts
- Dynamically crash tested to meet FMVSS213
- Custom made vests are available
- Passenger’s head and feet MUST be a minimum of 6 inches from the vehicle door or sidewall