DexCom G6 Receiver | Michigan USA
Dexcom Diabetes Continuous Glucose Monitoring System FDA Approved
The DexCom G6 Receiver is a display device that shows glucose readings and trending information and will alert the user if high or low glucose thresholds are reached.
You can use this cutting-edge Dexcom G6 Receiver with Your DexCom G6 Transmitter and DexCom G6 Receiver in order to get glucose readings in real-time. The Receiver comes with its own touch screen, which is convenient because it cuts out the middle man of a smartphone.
Compatible smart devices can be used to display results collected by the Dexcom G6 Sensor. Glucose readings collected by Dexcom G6 sensor are sent via Dexcom G6 transmitter to the G6 receiver for display, analysis, and share..
- Track your glucose numbers in real-time with one look at your device!
- Absolutely Zero Fingersticks: Able to make decisions about diabetes treatment without necessary fingersticks
- A1C Reduction: Proven to lower A1C and reduce hypoglycemic incidents in comparison to previous models
- Customizable Alerts and Alarms: Set your range and notifications for your readings
- Simple Auto-Applicator: The one-touch applicator easily inserts a small sensor just below your skin for easy reading
In order to use the Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitoring System, you need to have the Dexcom G6 Transmitter, the Dexcom G6 Sensors, and a qualifying smart device or the Dexcom G6 Receiver.
The Dexcom G6 CGM System can help make glucose testing a breeze! While using this system, you’ll get regular updates on your glucose levels every 5 minutes – no fingerstick testing or calibration required*. Dexcom G6 also allows you to share your glucose info with your loved ones easily.
- Apply Dexcom G6 sensors with the press of a button
- Notifications will let you know when your glucose level is trending too high or low
- You’ll get reliable glucose readings, even when you’re using acetaminophen* must have a disclaimer that doses higher than 1g every 6 hrs can affect the readings
- Keep up to 10 people up to date on your glucose levels with Dexcom Share†
- Usable by children aged two years and up
- Transmitters are thin, discreet, and once applied correctly make the Dexcom G6 system water-resistant‡
You May Also Like
Need additional supplies for your Dexcom G6 CGM System? We’re happy to provide Dexcom G6 sensors and transmitters. xcom G6 transmitters.
1. Receiver Dimensions: 10.67 cm (L) x 6.35 cm (W) x 0.15 cm (H)
2. Receiver Memory Storage: 30 days of data
3. Receiver Operating Temperature: 32°F – 113°F
4. Receiver Weight: 113.4 grams
In search of detailed info on how to use the Dexcom G6 CGM System correctly? Just refer to the “Product Guides” section of Dexcom’s official website.
DISCLAIMER: People using products sold by HEALTHCARE DME should always refer to the directions provided by a product’s manufacturer for usage information.
*The Dexcom G6 CGM System cannot completely replace fingerstick tests. These tests are required to confirm low or high sensor readings and when sensor readings do not match your symptoms.
†Dexcom Share is a Dexcom G6 app feature that lets users share their glucose data with up to 10 designated people, or “followers.” When your followers download the Dexcom Follow app to their compatible smart devices, they can remotely monitor your glucose data.
‡Transmitters used in the Dexcom G6 CGM System are water-resistant, as is the G6 Sensor Pod when transmitters are correctly installed. Since the Dexcom G6 receiver is not water-resistant or waterproof, it can be damaged by moisture.
FAQs – Dexcom G6
How Does The Dexcom G6 Work?
To use the Dexcom G6 CGM, you’ll wear a thin sensor that can stay in place for up to 10 days. That sensor will give you updates on your glucose levels, which you can check with an app on your smart device or with the Dexcom receiver.
Does The Dexcom G6 Have A Needle?
Yes, the G6 sensor applicator has a small needle. When applying a Dexcom G6 CGM sensor, you’ll feel a slight pinch as the needle inside the applicator pushes the sensor through your skin to reach the interstitial fluid. The needle retracts into the plastic applicator, which is then discarded. You won’t have a needle under your skin while using the system – just the sensor.
How Long Will My Dexcom G6 Sensor Last?
A Dexcom G6 sensor should last for 10 days. If you have trouble keeping your sensor in place, you can use certain liquid adhesives, adhesive patches, or tape to help. For more information, visit Dexcom’s website.
Can Dexcom G6 Sensors Go Through Airport Security?
Yes! Going through metal detectors will not damage the Dexcom G6. However, system components should not be X-rayed or taken through Advanced Imaging Technology body scanners.
Are Dexcom G6 Sensors Waterproof?
The Dexcom G6 system’s sensors and transmitters are water-resistant as long as the transmitter is installed properly and can be exposed to water for short periods of time. The receiver is not water-resistant or waterproof.
Where Should I Wear My Dexcom G6 Sensor?
For patients that are at least two years old, sensors can be worn on the abdomen. Sensors can also be worn on the upper buttocks by patients between the ages of two and 17.
Can You Sleep While Wearing A Dexcom G6 Sensor?
You can sleep while wearing a sensor, but you should make sure you wear the sensor on a site that will likely not be pushed or bumped easily.
How Often Does Dexcom G6 Check Glucose Levels?
The Dexcom G6 system sends glucose data to your receiver or smart device once every five minutes.
What Does “Sensor Error” Mean?
When your Dexcom G6 system shows a sensor error, it indicates temporary problems related to glucose measurement and/or communication. If the issue has not been resolved within three hours, contact Dexcom for technical support.
Can You Change A Dexcom G6 Sensor Ahead Of Schedule?
You can – just make sure to select “Stop Sensor” on your smart device or receiver before you change out your sensor. By doing so, you will be able to avoid any issues with the new sensor.
Where Can I Get Dexcom G6 Refills?
If you need refills on Dexcom G6 accessories, head to US MED’s page on continuous glucose monitoring systems.
What Should I Do If My Dexcom G6 Sensor Falls Off Or Is Damaged?
Dexcom offers free replacements for damaged sensors. Their contact information is available online here.
Dexcom Continuous Glucose Monitoring gives you and your loved ones‡ the insights to better track and manage your diabetes.
The Dexcom G6 eliminates fingersticks for calibration and diabetes treatment decisions.*
* If your glucose alerts and readings from the G6 do not match symptoms or expectations, use a blood glucose meter to make diabetes treatment decisions.
The Dexcom G6 automated applicator offers simple, one-touch insertion. Our patients have reported some amazing outcomes listed below
- 100% of participants reported the auto-applicator was “somewhat” or “very” easy to use.
- 100% of participants reported the product instructions were “somewhat” or “very” easy to understand.
- 84% of participants reported no pain or mild pain
The Dexcom G6 app displays glucose information at a glance on your compatible smart device. Customizable alerts and alarms can notify you of pending highs and lows.
DEXCOM G6 RECEIVER Managing diabetes can be complex. But with Dexcom CLARITY.
Diabetes data reporting and management are made simple.
You’ll be able to view your data in easy-to-read graphs, view trends, statistics, and day-by-day data, and even email them to your healthcare professional – right from the Dexcom CLARITY webpage.